The Tonisco hot tap process is designed so that we can use any approved hot tap component found on the market for the connection. Usually, in a low and medium pressure network a normal weldolet + hot tap valve combination is a sufficient solution. It gives the complete project more flexibility and more room for co-operation between contractors.
The most common solutions for hot tapping in heating and cooling networks are the following:
- Branch size DN10 to DN200: Tonisco valve or hot tap ball valve
- Branch size DN150 to 600: Tonisco valve for the hot tap and a shut-off valve with air releases further down the line
Tonisco Service is capable of making the hot tap connection to all the pipeline materials used in the district heating and cooling sector. The most common methods of hot tapping:
- Steel pipes: welding a reinforcement plate or a weldolet + Hot tap valve
- PE pipes: Infusion welded hot tap saddle + Shut-off valve (Gate or ball valve)
- Other pipe materials: Mechanical Hot tap clamp + Shut-off valve (Gate of ball valve)
To familiarize yourself with different hot tapping options please download the brochure.